TENANT SELECTION GUIDELINES
- Applicant must show and prove a NET income of at least $2,500.00 per month and
rent amount may not exceed more than 35% of their net income (not including utilities).
Credit History (report generated by office with comments)
- Pattern of paying bills on time.
- Utility bills paid on time
- Rents paid on time
- If bankruptcy or repossession:
- Was if filed over 2 years ago?
- Pattern of paying bills on time since the bankruptcy.
Contact previous landlords to determine: (use Landlord reference form)
- How long did the applicant live at the property?
- Did they fulfill the Lease?
- Did they pay their rent on time?
- Did the Landlord receive complaints concerning the applicants’ behavior?
- Did the applicant maintain the unit (cleanliness, damage)?
- Would the Landlord rent to the applicant again?
- Has applicant ever been convicted of a crime that is of sexual nature?
- Has applicant ever been convicted of a Drug Related Felony?
- Has applicant ever been convicted of a Felony? If yes, is the conviction more than 10 years ago?
- Has applicant ever been convicted of Domestic Violence?
- You will be asked to describe the nature of any conviction(s) as part of the application process. Please be advised that falsification of your application will result in an immediate denial of your application.
- The decision to approve or deny is based on the above criteria.
- The final decision is made after a discussion with the office.
- An Appropriate letter is sent to the applicant detailing the decision.
- A denial letter is sent from the corporate office; the approval letter is sent from the manager.